The C-MobILE (Accelerating C-ITS Mobility Innovation and depLoyment in Europe) vision is of a safe & efficient road transport system without casualties and serious injuries on European roads, especially in complex urban areas and for Vulnerable Road Users (VRUs). The project envisions a congestion-free, sustainable and economically viable mobility, minimising the environmental impact of road transport. C-MobILE will set the basis for large scale deployment in Europe, elevating research pilot sites to deployment locations of sustainable services that are supported by local authorities, using a common approach that ensures interoperability and seamless availability of services towards acceptable end user cost and positive business case for parties in the supply chain.
The C-MobILE project will produce 7 key results:
- C-ITS framework defined in partnerships with major stakeholders for proposing key deployment enabling solutions on existing pilot sites, including business cases
- Strategic Research Agenda defined for key researching and innovation areas that promote sustainable C-ITS deployments and will lead towards automated transport in Europe
- Assessment including CBA of the cumulative real-life benefits of clustering C-ITS applications and integrating multiple transport modes in the C-ITS ecosystem
- Open secure large-scale C-ITS deployment of new and existing applications demonstrated in complex urban environments interoperable across countries involving large groups of end users
- Provide an open platform towards C-ITS sources to support deployment of service concepts on commodity devices, validated by developer communities
- Validated operational procedures for large-scale deployment of sustainable C-ITS services in Europe
- Released testing methodologies to evaluate the proven impact of C-ITS architectures and services
Barcelona, Thessaloniki, Vigo, Newcastle, Copenhagen, Bordeaux, Bilbao and the North Brabant region have been selected as pilot sites for the project, but C-MoBILE will address replication capabilities in other cities and regions.