- This event has passed.
Using Intelligent Transport Systems for public transport
October 31, 2013 @ 11:00 pm - November 1, 2013 @ 10:59 pm
Workshop joint with ATCO. The theme is using Intelligent Transport Systems for public transport and topics include ticketing, passenger information, communications technology and a special focus on public transport in rural areas.
This is a joint workshop between ATCO (Scotland) and ITS (UK) Public Transport Interest Group. An opportunity for members of both organisations to meet, network, and discuss common issues and resolutions to problems and requirements with a different set of colleagues from across the industry.
To provide delegates with the opportunity to listen to, and discuss with, leading Public Transport and ITS industry experts, a range of topics covering both public transport and intelligent transport systems (ITS) delivery.
This will include smart ticketing, transport systems communications, rural transport delivery issues, how to successfully deliver a major intelligent transport system scheme, and an ‘international perspective’ from Scandinavia renowned for excellent public transport service provision.
CoSLA Offices, Verity House
19 Haymarket Yards
(Next to Haymarket Station)
1. Welcome & Introduction –David Summers, Vice Chair, ATCO (Scotland) & Gary Umpleby, Chairman, ITS (UK) Public Transport Interest Group
2. International Reflections on Intelligent Public Transport Solutions – Benefits for Copenhagen Travellers and Movia – Christian Amandus Mortensen, Movia, Copenhagen
3. Smart Card Ticketing in Scotland – An Update – Gordon Hanning, Transport Scotland
4. Communications and Why ITS Systems Can Fail – Peter Simm, Mobius Networks
5. Rural Public Transport Issues – Professor Jillian Anable, University of Aberdeen
6. An Update on Public Transport ITS Delivery in Dundee – Neil Gellatly, Head of Transportation, City Development Department, Dundee City Council
7. Discussion Panel – Beyond the Theory – Lessons from the Sharp End of Data Management Led by Jeremy Wiggin, Transport Development Manager, Norfolk County Council
Book via email to firstname.lastname@example.org