INCO- International Cooperation
ERTICO has established strong links with the international ITS community at the request of the ERTICO Partnership. The knowledge shared through Partnerships in other regions can be valuable in developing appropriate ITS solutions on both sides, while ERTICO’s cooperation with these areas contributes to the establishment of European ITS standards and provides early market access opportunities for ERTICO Partners. ERTICO has for several years had a significant portfolio of international cooperation activities supported by EC co-funded projects with the USA and Japan in the context of EU US Japan tri-lateral ITS Cooperation (European Commission, US DoT, MLIT), Russia, China, and Brazil.
Especially strong links with the international ITS community in the Americas and Asia-Pacific region through ITS America and ITS Asia-Pacific respectively have been developed over the last 20 years through the co-organising of the ITS World Congresses.
The following countries are examples of the ERTICO – ITS Europe portfolio of international cooperation.
- Japan: Support to EC Japan bilateral cooperation agreement on standardisation, communication technologies for cooperative systems, probe data, automation and energy efficiency
- USA: Support to EC US bilateral cooperation agreement on standardisation, communication technologies for cooperative systems, Field Operational Tests, probe data, automation and energy efficiency
- China: Memorandum of Understanding with ITS China – multimodal journey planning, traffic and traveller information, communication in ITS and harmonisation of ITS standards
- Russia: Memorandum of Understanding with ITS Russia – eCall / ERA GLONASS, transport corridor and ITS for large events
- Brazil: Multimodal journey planning, traffic and traveller information, and ITS for large events
- Mediterranean Partner Countries: Solutions for innovative and green urban mobility
- UEA: Connected and Automated driving